- Reports to
- Director, Savings & Retirement Product Development and Pricing
- Waterloo, ON
- Job Status
- Permanent, Full-Time
Equitable Life of Canada provides an excellent opportunity for actuaries of all levels to develop a broad skill set, and offers them the experience of working on a variety of actuarial topics. The aim of the Actuarial Program at Equitable Life of Canada is to build strong actuarial talent that has the capabilities necessary to lead a dynamic and strong mutual life insurance company. Equitable Life has an excellent actuarial student program which includes paid study time, social events and leadership and development training. Equitable Life of Canada has been one of the fastest growing life insurance companies in Canada and the continued success of the company relies on the strength of its people.
Reporting to the Director S&R Product Development and Pricing, this position will incorporate all aspects of pricing including: profitability reviews, product development, assumption development, and sales reporting.
- Pricing and reviewing payout annuity, guaranteed interest account and segregated fund product lines
- Produce internal and external reports within established timelines
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Work with the Savings and Retirement Director, Product Development, and Marketing to design and price products that are competitive and meet both marketing and financial goals
- Working with multiple areas and peers at Equitable Life to understand product features which may be viable alternatives for the Canadian Marketplace.
- Knowledge of AXIS actuarial software is an asset
- Strong communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and analytical skills;
- Extensive knowledge of the Windows environment, including advanced knowledge of spreadsheet manipulation, databases, and word processing applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, etc)
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, Individual Investment products (annuity pricing experience is an asset)
- Progressing toward the completion of all requirements to attain ASA designation with commitment to achieve FSA/FCIA designation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with short timelines
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume in one MSWord document to email@example.com
If applying to multiple positions, please apply to each position separately.