- Reports to
- Regional Vice-President, Group Sales, Eastern Canada
- Ottawa and Surrounding Area
- Job Status
- Temporary, Full-Time (until January 31, 2018)
Join a dynamic and growing company! Equitable Life of Canada has a current job opportunity in the Ottawa Region for a Group Marketing Manager, reporting to our Regional Vice-President, Group Sales, Eastern Canada.
The Group Marketing Manager is responsible for new business sales and the profitable management of a portfolio of group benefit clients. There are new business, retention/growth and profitability expectations for this role.
- Sell Equitable Life group products & services by using insight selling techniques and developing strong partnerships with clients, advisors, and TPA's.
- Conduct financial negotiations with clients and advisors to ensure the assigned block of business renews profitably each year
- Overall responsibility for developing client/advisor relationships, understanding their needs, teaching, and delivering on their service expectations
- Offer valuable perspectives to client/advisors
- Educate clients/advisors and help them navigate alternatives
- Minimum three years of experience in successful sales/consulting of group benefits insurance; previous underwriting experience an asset
- In depth knowledge of group benefit plan design; applicable financial and underwriting principles; and, taxation rules as applied to group benefit plans
- Strong leadership and mentoring/coaching skills experience
- Strong two-way communication skills
- Computer literate including familiarity with group benefits web applications
- Customer focused and able to work successfully as part of a team
- Proven examples of using insights, negotiating and influencing skills to drive sales
- Valid drivers license and vehicle required
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume in one MSWord document to firstname.lastname@example.org
If applying to multiple positions, please apply to each position separately.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at email@example.com if you require an accommodation with the application process, including for a request to receive our job postings in an alternative format.