- Reports to
- Assistant Vice-President, Chief Underwriter
- Waterloo, Ontario
- Job Status
- Permanent, Full-Time
- Risk assessment and classification for life and critical illness insurance according to Equitable Life’s philosophy and standards.
- Providing excellent customer service and building positive relationships with internal and external clients.
- Compliance with legislative requirements, consumer regulation and reinsurance treaties as they apply to privacy, disclosure and risk classification.
- Mentoring and taking referrals from underwriters, case managers and issue staff.
- Handle rescinds and provide underwriting advice on claim referrals.
- Contribution to continuous enhancement of underwriting processes and procedures.
- 3+ years of Life Underwriting experience.
- Bilingualism in French and English is preferred.
- Strong medical knowledge and understanding of non-medical risk factors.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- FLMI /FALU designation or currently working towards.
- Commitment to continuous learning and participation in education enhancement to remain current with medical knowledge and industry underwriting trends.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume in one MSWord document to firstname.lastname@example.org
If applying to multiple positions, please apply to each position separately.