EquiLiving provides a lump-sum benefit, following a survival period of typically 30 days after diagnosis of one of the critical conditions covered by the plan. You can use the benefit payment any way you wish, to make living with one of the life-altering conditions more comfortable.
Why it makes sense
With increased life expectancy and medical advances, the risk of living with a serious illness is significant, and the costs can be staggering. Government health care programs provide only the basics. Depending on your needs, EquiLiving could help:
- keep you and your family in your home,
- keep your business viable,
- cover the cost of extended health care requirements,
- allow you to undertake out-of-country or alternative therapies.
- Heart attack
- Alzheimer's disease
- Bacterial meningitis
- Coronay artery bypass
- Heart valve replacement
- Loss of limbs
- Major organ failure on waiting list for transplant
- Occupational HIV infection
- Severe burns
- Aortic surgery
- Benign brain tumour
- Kidney failure
- Loss of speech
- Motor neuron disease
- Aplastic anaemia
- Loss of independent existence*
- Major organ transplant
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson's disease
Additional covered conditions for children
EquiLiving provides coverage for the following five childhood conditions until age 25:
- Cerebral palsy
- Congenital heart disease
- Cystic fibrosis
- Muscular dystrophy
* Loss of independent existence provides a benefit for cognitive impairment and/or a total and permanent inability to perform two or more of: bathing, dressing, toileting, continence, transferring, feeding. For plans insuring children, loss of independent existence does not apply until age 18 at which time it is added automatically.
The most comprehensive medical knowledge resource of its kind in the world. It's just a telephone call away. And it's available on EquiLiving critical illness insurance.
Bundling protects your total life and health needs
Adding a term life insurance rider to your EquiLiving critical illness insurance policy offers a cost-effective way to take care of your life and health needs in one convenient package. If a claim is paid under the critical illness policy, the term life insurance will continue provided the premiums for the rider continue to be paid.