With a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) the options are endless.
In 2009, the Canadian Government introduced the opportunity to save
more and faster regardless of what your needs may be. Whether
saving for a house, car, further education, a vacation or
additional retirement savings, one account allows your individual
goals to be met.
- A TFSA will allow savings without paying tax on any income or
capital gains earned.
- Starting January 1, 2013, you can contribute up to $5,500 per
year (for all combined TFSA accounts, at any institution)
- Up to $5,000 of unused contributions per year can be carried
over from 2009-2012
- Withdrawals can be made at any time, for any need, but may not
be replaced until the following calendar year.
- TFSAs are transferable to your spouse/common-law partner upon
- TFSAs will not affect eligibility for federal income tested
Products that we currently offer as a TFSA
Whatever the need may be, savings is an aspect that affects
every Canadian in a unique and individual way; and for over 85
years, we have provided Canadians with sound financial protection
and peace of mind solutions to help you and your family for years
Equitable Life of Canada offers financial solutions for your