LINKED INTEREST OPTION PERFORMANCE
The following provides information on the past performance of the Linked
Interest Options (LIOs) available with Equation.
The below performance rates do not reflect
the current LIO Administration Fees.
Linked Interest Options(L.I.O): As at October 31, 2022
|Index Interest Options
||Annual L.I.O. Admin. Fee
Currently tracking S&P 500® Total Return Index
Currently tracking S&P/TSX 60® Total Return Index
Currently tracking STOXX Europe 600 Paris-Aligned Total Return Index (ESG)
Currently tracking NASDAQ 100® Total Return Index
|Performance Fund Interest Options
||Annual L.I.O. Admin. Fee
Currently tracking Franklin Quotential Balanced Growth Portfolio
Currently tracking Templeton Growth Fund
Past performance does not guarantee future results. Investment results will vary.
- The Linked Interest Options available with the Equation universal life insurance policy offer exposure to both equity and fixed income markets. While linked interest options may provide the potential for greater rates of return over the long term, there is an inherent risk in selecting them as investment options. Unlike the daily interest account or the guaranteed deposit accounts where there are guarantees with respect to the credited interest rates, investments in the linked interest options are NOT GUARANTEED. It is possible to receive negative interest, which will result in a decrease to account value. Policyholders should ensure that there are always sufficient funds to cover the monthly charges, including cost of insurance, administration and any riders and benefits.
- Linked Interest Options are NOT mutual funds, segregated funds, indices, or any other kind of investment fund: the policyholders are NOT acquiring units in an investment fund or other security. Funds are placed on deposit, earning interest, with the general funds of Equitable Life®. Policyholders may be credited positive or debited negative interest depending on the performance of the underlying fund or index being tracked. Linked Interest Option administration fees will apply.
- Interest earnings shown above do not reflect the current Equation® Linked Interest Option Administration Charges. The Linked Interest Option Administration Charges must be taken into consideration when determining interest credited or debited to the policy. Please see the policy contract for details.
- A Linked Interest Option’s underlying fund or index being tracked may change at any time. Each performance rate shown reflects a Linked Interest Option’s performance rate and the underlying fund or index it was tracking at that time. An historical performance rate may be reflective of a time when the LIO was tracking a underlying fund or index which is different from the underlying fund or index currently being tracked.
- Values for reporting periods under 1 year reflect the actual percentage change for the period in question. All values shown for reporting periods of 1 year or greater reflect average annual compound rates of return.
- “Since Inception” rates reflect the interest earnings since the Linked Interest Option became available with Equation®, Equation Generation® II, Equation Generation® III, or Equation Generation® IV universal life. They do not reflect the actual inception date for the underlying fund or index currently being tracked or any underlying fund or index which was previously tracked.
- Inception dates:
|Canadian Equity Index Interest Option
||- November 14, 1994
|American Equity Index Interest Option
||- October 13, 2000
|U.S. Technologies Index Interest Option
||- October 13, 2000
|European Index Interest Option
||- October 13, 2000
|Performance Fund Interest Option - Global
||- November 1, 1995
|Performance Fund Interest Option - Domestic
||- July 15, 1997
Equation® universal life and the Linked Interest Options offered thereunder are not issued, sponsored, sold, or promoted by: Toronto Stock Exchange, STOXX Limited, (Dow Jones & Company Limited), MSCI (Morgan Stanley Capital International, Inc.), Franklin Templeton Growth Fund Ltd., McLean Budden Limited or Mackenzie Financial Corporation. None of these entities make any representation or warranty, expressed or implied whatsoever regarding the advisability of selecting any Linked Interest Options, making any investment or acquiring the Contract. As such, none of these entities have any association, liability or responsibility with respect to the Contract. DJ Euro STOXX 50 and Dow Jones Industrial Average are trademarks of Dow Jones and Company, Limited.
The Product(s) is not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by Nasdaq, Inc. or its affiliates (Nasdaq, with its affiliates, are referred to as the “Corporations”). The Corporations have not passed on the legality or suitability of, or the accuracy or adequacy of descriptions and disclosures relating to, the Product(s). The Corporations make no representation or warranty, express or implied to the owners of the Product(s) or any member of the public regarding the advisability of investing in securities generally or in the Product(s) particularly, or the ability of the NASDAQ 100 Total Return Index (the “Nasdaq Indices”) to track general stock market performance. The Corporations’ only relationship to The Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada (“Licensee”) is in the licensing of the Nasdaq®, Nasdaq-100 Index®, NDX®, Nasdaq-100®, and certain trade names of the Corporations and the use of the Nasdaq Indices which is determined, composed and calculated by Nasdaq without regard to Licensee or the Product(s). Nasdaq has no obligation to take the needs of the Licensee or the owners of the Product(s) into consideration in determining, composing or calculating the Nasdaq Indices. The Corporations are not responsible for and have not participated in the determination of the timing of, prices at, or quantities of the Product(s) to be issued or in the determination or calculation of the equation by which the Product(s) is to be converted into cash. The Corporations have no liability in connection with the administration, marketing or trading of the Product(s).
THE CORPORATIONS DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY AND/OR UNINTERRUPTED CALCULATION OF THE NASDAQ INDICES OR ANY DATA INCLUDED THEREIN. THE CORPORATIONS MAKE NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED BY LICENSEE, OWNERS OF THE PRODUCT(S), OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FROM THE USE OF THE NASDAQ INDICES OR ANY DATA INCLUDED THEREIN. THE CORPORATIONS MAKE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE WITH RESPECT TO THE NASDAQ INDICES OR ANY DATA INCLUDED THEREIN. WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OF THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CORPORATIONS HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF NOTIFIED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The S&P 500 Total Return Index and the S&P/TSX 60 Total Return Index (the “S&P Indices”) are products of S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC or its affiliates (“SPDJI”) and S&P Global or its affiliates, and has been licensed for use by The Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada. Standard & Poor’s® and S&P® are registered trademarks of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC (“S&P”); Dow Jones® is a registered trademark of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC (“Dow Jones”); and these trademarks have been licensed for use by SPDJI and sublicensed for certain purposes by The Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada. S&P® and S&P 500®are trademarks of the S&P Global or its affiliates and have been licensed for use by SPDJI and The Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada. Equation® universal life and the Linked Interest Options offered thereunder are not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by SPDJI, Dow Jones, S&P, their respective affiliates, or S&P Global or its affiliates and none of such parties make any representation regarding the advisability of investing in such product(s) nor do they have any liability for any errors, omissions, or interruptions of the S&P Indices.