Pivotal Select™ segregated funds are a type of investment option that offers growth potential with financial protection. While segregated funds are similar to mutual funds, segregated funds have unique features that protect your investment throughout your life, and assist in the efficient transfer of assets when you pass away. When you invest in a segregated fund, your money is pooled with the money of the other people who have invested in that segregated fund. The fund manager of the underlying fund will strategically buy and sell a variety of investments, such as stocks and bonds.
- 75% - 100% of your premiums (less withdrawals) are guaranteed when your contract matures or on your death
- Bypass probate and associated fees by naming a beneficiary
- No deferred sales charges at death
- Quick payment to beneficiaries after you pass away
- Private and confidential beneficiary designations
- Creditor protection may be available in the event of bankruptcy or lawsuit
Three guarantee classes that allow you to choose the level of protection that’s right for you
Whether you are saving for a rainy day or saving for retirement, the Pivotal Select contract is available in a wide range of tax registration options including:
- Non-Registered Savings Plan
- Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)
- Retirement Savings Plan (RSP)
- Retirement Income Fund (RIF)
- Locked-In Retirement Account (LIRA)
- Life Income Fund (LIF)
With a variety of diverse segregated funds to choose from, your investment solutions can be tailored to meet your specific objectives. Click here for a complete list of our segregated funds.
With Pivotal Select, you can choose from several product options that will help you to reach your savings goals. These options include:
Contact your financial advisor to find out more about how Pivotal Select segregated funds can be incorporated into your financial plan. If you do not have a financial advisor and would like to speak to one, call us at 1.800.668.4095 and our customer service team would be pleased to have an advisor in your area contact you.
This information is provided with the understanding that it does not render legal, tax or pother professional advice. Please refer to the Pivotal Select Contract and Information Folder for a complete description of the product features and guarantees. Readers are advised to seek professional counsel from a financial advisor. Any amount that is allocated to a segregated fund is invested at the risk of the contract holder and may increase or decrease in value.
™or ®denotes a registered trademark of The Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada.