March 18, 2020 -
The safety and well-being of our employees, business partners and the community at large are always our priority and are at the forefront of all our decision making. Equitable Life® continues to monitor and assess new developments pertaining to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Last week the World Health Organization (WHO) officially classified it as a pandemic. Global efforts at this time are focused on lessening the spread and impact of the virus.
What this means for you
Equitable Life has detailed plans in place to make sure we will continue to meet our commitments to our customers in the event of widespread contagious illnesses or other emergency events. This ensures we can respond quickly to address evolving situations, so we can continue to operate without disruption to our customers.
Our commitment to you
We are actively monitoring the situation and are following the advice of Public Health and Health Canada. We will keep you updated as the situation evolves.
We also have safe, convenient options available to help keep you informed and help you manage your accounts with us.
- Please visit equitablehealth.ca® for the latest information on COVID-19 and your Group Health Benefits. You can also contact us at 1-800-265-4556.
- The Public Health Agency of Canada has issued a Travel Advisory to avoid non-essential travel outside of Canada. Information is being updated almost daily and you can find those updates on equitablehealth.ca. If your group benefits plan has Travel Assist coverage and you are currently travelling and have questions, please contact Allianz using these numbers:
Toll-free Canada/USA: 1.800.321/9998
Global call collect: 519.742.3287
Allianz Global Assistance ID #9089
Life Insurance and Savings and Retirement:
- If you have questions about your Life, Critical Illness or Savings and Retirement accounts, please call 1-800-668-4095
- You can also access your accounts using our convenient online client access site – just log in, or create an account
- Ask your advisor about EZComplete®, our convenient and safe online application process. Even signatures can be completed online!
® denotes a trademark of The Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada