September 19, 2017 -
Equitable Life of Canada announced today that it has received a Financial Strength Rating and an Issuer Rating of “A” with a stable trend from DBRS Limited. In assigning this rating, DBRS cited Equitable Life as a good franchise with an excellent risk profile and noted the company’s investments in technology to create efficiencies and reduce costs, as well as its strong presence in the markets it serves.
“We have a history of financial stability,” said Ronald Beettam, President and Chief Executive Officer. “This rating from DBRS is a testament to that strength. It reinforces not only our solid financial standings, but our ability to deliver on our commitments to policyholders, and supports our focus on continued growth.”
Other factors that impacted the rating include the following:
- Clearly defined business strategy
- Conservative management
- Equitable Life’s large participating policyholder block of business
- Long-term strategy of achieving organic growth through the sales of traditional and new insurance products and wealth products targeting the middle-income Canadian market
- Expertise in developing digital capabilities to serve advisors and clients
- Focus on process efficiencies and reducing operating expenses
For further information about the DBRS rating, visit here.
About Equitable Life of Canada
Canadians have turned to Equitable Life since 1920 to protect what matters most. We work with independent advisors across Canada to offer individual insurance, savings and retirement, and group benefits solutions to meet your needs.
But we're not your typical financial services company. We have the knowledge, experience and ability to find solutions that work for you. We're friendly, caring and interested in helping. And we're owned by our participating policyholders, not shareholders. So we can focus on your interests and providing you with personalized service, security and wellbeing.
Director, Corporate Communications
Equitable Life of Canada