May 22, 2020 -
At Equitable Life of Canada, we believe in giving back to the communities where we live and work. To help celebrate our 100th Anniversary in 2020, we decided to share our success by giving five donations of $10,000 each to charities that help strengthen our communities and improve the quality of life for Canadians.
Through the Equitable Gives Back Contest, we asked charities across Canada to apply for the opportunity to receive a $10,000 donation by telling us what they would do with the money to help Canadians. More information about Equitable Gives Back can be found at www.equitable100.ca.
“Equitable Life values the roots we have established as a company in the communities where we live, work and do business,” said Ronald Beettam, Chief Executive Officer and President of Equitable Life of Canada. “Giving back to support those who need it most is an important part of how we do business.”
Equitable Life is pleased to announce the five charities that will each receive a $10,000 donation through the Equitable Gives Back contest are:
- Future Possibilities for Kids (Toronto, ON)
- A non-profit organization dedicated to Kids shining as leaders, the organization provides a one-on-one coaching program, Ready, Set, Goal! (RSG!), where experiential education is combined with prioritizing the mental well-being of Kids. Participants are encouraged to think boldly, act courageously, and make a difference in the world around them, all while gaining the confidence necessary to achieve their goals. The donation of $10,000 will provide 20 kids with the opportunity to participate in the RSG! Program.
- Véro & Louis Foundation (Montreal, QC)
- The mission of the Véro & Louis Foundation is to build permanent and adapted living environments shelters for adults 21 years of age and older living with autism spectrum disorder. The first Véro & Louis shelter will open its doors in 2020 in Montreal and will accommodate 20 people. The donation of $10,000 from Equitable Life Canada will equip each of the residents with the technology necessary to contribute to their learning and recreational activities.
- Pilgrims Hospice Society (Edmonton, AB)
- Edmonton’s Pilgrims Hospice Society enhances quality of life until the end of life, while offering respite (a needed break) for caregivers. The $10,000 grant will help build the Roozen Family Hospice Centre, Edmonton’s first free-standing residential community hospice, which will provide specialized 24/7 end-of-life care from a peaceful, home-like setting, and support services for caregivers and grieving families.
- Canuck Place Children’s Hospice (Vancouver, BC)
- Canuck Place Children’s Hospice is the provider of pediatric palliative care for children and families across BC & Yukon with a goal to optimize living for infants, children, and youth aged 0-19 and their families. The $10,000 donation will be used to expand the Canuck Place Enhanced Community Care Program across the province in order to serve more Canadians in need.
- Nature Conservancy of Canada (Winnipeg, MB)
- The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is a private, non-profit national land conservation organization dedicated to the preservation of ecologically significant areas in Canada, and to the long-term stewardship of the living natural communities that inhabit them. The organization will use the $10,000 grant to purchase high quality video and audio equipment to help meet the increase in demand for online educational programming, including curriculum focused, hands-on conservation programming for youth in rural classrooms in Manitoba.
About Equitable Life of Canada
Canadians have turned to Equitable Life since 1920 to protect what matters most. We work with independent advisors across Canada to offer individual insurance, savings and retirement, and group benefits solutions to meet your needs.
Equitable Life is not your typical financial services company. We have the knowledge, experience and ability to find solutions that work for you. We’re friendly, caring and interested in helping. The Company is owned by our participating policyholders, not shareholders, allowing us to focus on your needs and on providing you with personalized service, financial protection and peace of mind.
Director, Corporate Communications
Equitable Life of Canada
519 904 8470